Finally you can Remove monitor detection!
On Windows, Mac OS and Linux, you can remove the problematic monitor auto-detection in extended or single display modes which has a tenancy of rearranging icons and windows.
The computer detects when a TV/monitor is ‘turned off’ or ‘switched’ to another input, then it will break your extended display to reflect the single monitor and the desktop icons are rearranged. There may even be various crashes and other surprises.
We are a digital signage company digitalONscreen.com. We had to find a solution to the monitor edid (handshake) issue and developed these devices which are extremely useful for our operations and to many others.
Our hardware solution, the “MDK device” is a male to female modified HDMI adapter with custom integrated circuitry.
When used, the computer/device will never receive a monitor offline trigger, thus avoiding any issues when turning off the monitor or switching inputs.
Here’s a quick demo:
For many, this is is a real nuisance and there is no way around it.
This annoying behavior can happen in many situations, here’s a few:
- Most common: You switch off a single monitor and all the contents including icons and open windows are then displayed on the other monitor
- You want to power-off or switch a single monitor’s input, and the resolution settings, icons, windows or contents are then rearranged or displayed in a disorganized fashion when you turn it back on or re-apply the input
- You use a KVM or other switcher and encounter anomalies when switching to or back to a device
- Your monitor goes into ‘sleep mode’ and breaks your extended session or simply returns with a bad screen resolution on a single monitor or simply crashes
- You enable a projector or any other device and it breaks or negatively affects your extended session
There is unfortunately no OS setting or registry key that can change, delete or disable monitor auto-detection.
Here’s some info about the MDK unit:
- Since many have asked, yes we do ship all the time
- It will alleviate issues where the desktop icons keep shifting/moving/rearranged especially when going to sleep
- The unit has Male to Female HDMI connections
- Adapters can be added if you’re not on HDMI
- Your monitor/s will be automatically identified by the computer because we do not alter any of the HDMI functionality and the device will last forever
- There are no batteries required
- There are actual resistors soldered in the unit by a professional (not just a pin delete. A pin delete is a partial solution which does not work)
- The EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) is still transmitted with our device
- There is no loss of HDMI or audio functionality or fidelity
- Works with DisplayPort also, just add your own (DisplayPort to HDMI) adapter first before the MDK device
- Depending on your setup, the units have been successfully tested with 4K monitors. However, we recommend that you use them only with any 1920 resolution. 1920×1200/1920×1080
- Our solution is extremely useful for signage displays, video walls, gamers and those who use the input switch or put their pc to sleep
- The MDK device can also be used with an audio-video receiver and other streaming hardware
- It can be applied to an active hdmi splitter
Depending on your hardware, you may just need one MDK device.
If you are on a dual/extended monitor set-up, test by turning off the primary monitor. If the contents don’t transfer to the secondary screen then you may just need a single one to the secondary monitor.
However, if you are on an extended desktop (more than one monitor) and want to play it safe, we suggest you get two and profit from free shipping.
Just install the MDK device on the computer’s HDMI port [not on the monitor side], that’s it!… there is nothing else to set, no driver or setting is required.
Purchase the ‘MDK’ device here:
For 2 devices (recommended with extended display)… click on the little arrow below.
You can make multiple purchases if needed and the devices will be added to a single package.Since many have asked, yes we do ship during the Covid-19 outbreak period.
We ship worldwide.
Each MDK device is tested to assure its functionality before shipping.
Each package is shipped the next day after purchase, excluding week-ends.
Due to our low shipping rates, we do not ship with tracking for orders under 5 units. However, we do keep the stamped receipts from the post office as a reference. If you order 6 units or more, they will automatically be shipped express and a tracking number will be provided. Simply order multiple times and they will be sent in a single package.
Contact us for special rates for orders of 10 units or more.
Return Policy: You may return your package after testing the device/s for a full refund. You can also take a picture of the package with the return stamp on it. Then attach the image as an email attachment and we will refund your PayPal purchase immediately, before receiving the item. (You can send it in the cheapest way possible).
Feel free to e-mail us with any questions.